How do I know if I can join the AVID program?
Avid is a program that is meant for anyone who meets one or more of the following criteria:
1. Will be the first in their family to attend college (or only had 1 parent attend.
2. Receive free or reduced lunch
3. Single parent household
4. Need help with note taking skills or organizational skills
The AVID Student is one that:
1. Is a 2.0-3.5 GPA Student.
2. Takes honors/ advanced classes and will be successful with the support of AVID.
3. Has a good attendance/ discipline record.
4. Has the desire and determination to go to college.
In order to be in the AVID program, you must complete an application, go through an interview and be accepted into the program.
Why should I join the AVID program?
You are welcome to come and visit the AVID classroom during your advocate class to get help on organization, note taking skills, or help in filling out your college application. The AVID room is located in room 1044.